Monday, November 18, 2013

My Personal Legend: Five Paragraph Essay

                                                           

                       My Personal Legend: Writing       






             Nothing fills my heart with joy like writing. My earliest memory of it was writing a story about a fairy who lived in a tree in first grade. I could write for the rest of my life by becoming an author. There may be some challenges along the way, like writer's block or lack of readership, but I can handle them. For me, writing is a labor of love. Writing is my personal legend.

                 Ever since I turned six, I knew that I wanted to write. Of course, back then, a large percentage of everything I wrote was a ripoff of my favorite books, and utterly illegible to boot. I like to think that I've improved since then. However, even when I was somewhat unoriginal, I loved writing. I loved being able to create whole worlds with only the stroke of a pencil.

                    Although there are certainly many different ways that I could follow my dream of writing, the one that has always appealed to me the most is becoming an author. After all, who wouldn't like to get paid for doing what they love? However, more than that, I want to share my stories with others. After all, what is the point of writing if there is no one to read? To me, becoming an author seems like the best way to do that.
  
                        Undeniably, there will be challenges along the way to achieving my goal. Adversity is an unavoidable part of life. I might have to endure refusal from publishers, lack of funding or other difficulties, but I know that it will all be worth it if I can accomplish my aim.  When the going gets tough, I will just remember that the trials and tribulations of the moment are not what is important; what is important is the writing. When it comes down to it, what I really need to do, despite everything that may come my way, is to just keep writing. 

               Writing, for me, is a labor of love. Before I began writing, I didn't know what the phrase "a labor of love" meant. Now I know that it means to do something difficult, something that may be harder than anything that you have ever done. It also means that even though what you are doing is hard, it doesn't matter, because what you are doing is something that you love with every fiber of your being, and something that you know is worth the work. That is what writing is to me, and that is why I know that I have to write.
                   
                  So, even though the road to my Personal Legend may be a perilous one, it is one that I have to walk.. My instincts are frequently wrong, but they were irrefutably correct about writing being for me. Someday, when I am an author, I hope to look back on this time in my life as the beginning of my journey toward my dream. While the challenges that await me may loom large on the horizon, as long as I face them with confidence and belief in my goal, I shall emerge triumphant. No matter what happens, I will pursue my labor of love. I conclude this badly written essay with a reminder to you to go through life doing what you love, as I plan to go through mine writing!


I got the image from: 
http://iewnotebook.blogspot.com/2012/03/10-timed-writing-prompts.html                         

No comments:

Post a Comment